At six times the size of Sydney Harbor, Lake Eildon is truly a watersports lover’s paradise
There is more than enough space for everyone thanks to the lake’s huge size. Public ramps make it easy for anyone to get their boats in and enjoy the water.
Here’s a list of things you can do while at Lake Eildon:
- Boating – There’s a lot of space to go boating in the lake. Bring your own boat if you have one, or rent a houseboat if you’re feeling a bit more adventurous.
- Kayaking – Speeding down Lake Eildon on a motorboat is great, but nothing beats a relaxing afternoon paddle down its tranquil waters.
- Water Skiing – If you’re looking for something more exciting, consider taking a water ski for a spin. There’s a lot of room to pick up speed, but make sure you don’t get thrown off!
- Wakeboarding – Real daredevils can go wakeboarding in Lake Eildon. Getting tugged by a speedboat at 20 mph while admiring the lake’s gorgeous scenery is a great way to spend the day!
- Swimming – Those looking for something a bit slower can go for a swim. The best way to do this is to get on a boat and find a suitable swimming spot somewhere in the lake.
- Fishing – If you’d rather not get wet, you can still go fishing. Relax and take in the natural beauty of Lake Eildon while waiting for your catch